At Delta, we move the people who move the world. With an industry-leading global network, Delta Air Lines and Delta Connection carriers offer service to 306 destinations in 52 countries on six continents. Recognized as the best in the business, our Flight Attendants touch the lives of our 180 million annual customers every day. Keep climbing and join us today with a career as a Flight Attendant.
As a Language of Destination (LOD) Flight Attendant, you must be bilingual in English and Greek.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You should be a safety- and service-oriented professional who loves to be on the go, help others, and enjoy variety in your work. You should be excited at the prospect of solving problems and going the extra mile to leave our passengers with a positive experience that lasts long after their flights have landed. The idea of joining a company that connects the world and building a lasting career, while enjoying flight privileges that are the envy of the marketplace, should excite you!
What You Need to Know:
Since Delta Air Lines flights operate day and night and all year-round, Flight Attendants must work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours when needed.
Deltas compensation package is competitive and our benefits program includes health and insurance coverage, 401(k) with a company match, a profit-sharing program, and worldwide travel privileges.
Prior to beginning work in the Flight Attendant role, new hires must successfully complete six weeks of training located at our World Headquarters in Atlanta, GA. During this time, participants receive a training wage and some meals, as well as lodging for those who do not live within 2 hours from the training facility.
- Ensure the safety and comfort of our passengers while providing exceptional customer service, at an altitude of at least 8,000 feet
- Provide assistance lifting and stowing luggage into overhead bins and soliciting assistance when needed
- Demonstrate the use of safety and emergency equipment and ensure safety requirements are met
- Prepare, serve, and sell beverages (including alcohol) and meals (which may include beef, pork, seafood, peanuts, etc.)
- Answer questions and assist passengers when necessary, particularly those with special needs
- Willingness to comply with our uniform and appearance guidelines, including tattoos and piercings restrictions
- Actively seek to ensure the safety and comfort of customers when an aircraft experiences delays or hits turbulence
- Administer and coordinate emergency procedures or provide emergency care (e.g., performing CPR and basic first aid) when needed
- Respond to and provide clear and accurate directions (verbally or non-verbally) to passengers in the event of an emergency
- Make decisions to address issues keeping in line with Delta policies, procedures, and core values
- Work both independently and as part of a team to accomplish work tasks
- Meet deadlines and manage unexpected changes in a time-sensitive and stressful environment
- Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures