POSITION PURPOSE First line contact and support for Flight Attendant’s (FA) needs, guidance and company administrative functions. Acts as the field champion of all Republic and partner instituted programs specifically Safety, Customer Experience, Associate well-being and corporate compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Leadership and Engagement Responsibilities:
- Acts as an engaged base champion of the Customer Experience focus, across all partners flown from the base.
- Engages the base flight attendant team in person by creating and fostering personal relationships with each crew member.
- Provides assistance to the flight team as needed.
- Creates, manages and delivers meaningful Flight Attendant recognition and individual rewards.
- Serves as an active partner within the Flight Attendant work place, including:
- Completing ramp quality assurance daily meetings
- Flying at least one trip per month / three trips per quarter involving at least one overnight, in addition to any ride along or inflight evaluations.
- Completing and distributing a monthly base newsletter.
- Ensures engagement with station based initiatives, fostering a partnership and supportive relationship with local airport operations.
- Ensures that all Flight Attendants are well informed of service expectations as well as current company, regulatory and partner standards.
- Fosters a partnership approach with the IBT Union Representatives.
- Maintains a neat, clean and serviceable crew room and airport standby room.
- Develops and maintains open communication with all Inflight leadership, all Inflight departments as well as Crew Scheduling and Crew Planning.
Administrative and Compliance responsibilities::
- Ensure all Flight Attendants are aware of, understand and comply with all company, regulatory and partner policies
- Ensure all FAs are well informed and competent in all aspects of their regularly assigned duties.
- Maintain and complete administrative records and documents, as required by Inflight and Company Leadership
- Manage and reduce all elements of Flight Attendant lost time
- To ensure the good working order and availability of all Company facilities and tools for Flight Crew
- Partner with the Flight Department to ensure all Inflight and station operational obligations are met, such as drug tests, dependability meetings, parking tag assignments etc., are completed as required
- Manage and be accountable for base financial and C.O.B. budget as annually assigned
- Will complete Special Projects and any other duties as assigned by Inflight Senior Leadership
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
- High school diploma or GED with at least two years of Inflight or Airport Customer Service Experience
- Must be 21 years of age by the date of the first interview
- Possess Intermediate level computer knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite applications
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Additional years of customer service experience, preferably in an aviation environment.
- Previous Flight Attendant experience.
- Previous lead or supervisory experience.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Able to pass an FAA required 10 year work history review and pass criminal background and fingerprint checks
- Authorized by law to work in the United States and able to travel in and out of the United States
- Possess and maintain a valid US passport or foreign passport
- Willing to submit to and pass FAA and Company mandated random drug and alcohol tests
- Applicant must satisfy all Flight Attendant company policy and regulatory requirements
- Possess polished and professional interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and a customer-oriented mindset.
- Possess leadership and organizational skills.
- Able to coordinate multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to handle interruptions and a fast paced environment.
- Able to work with confidential materials and information.
- Must not have tattoos visible while in uniform.
- Must not have multiple piercings visible while in uniform.
LANGUAGE SKILLS AND COMMUNICATION ABILITY
Candidates must be able to write, read, speak and be understood in English..
REASONING AND DECISION MAKING
Base Supervisors must poses the ability to process information quickly and react in a positive manner during unexpected and/or serious situations. Must be a practical problem solver and be able to manage and interpret a variety of situations (both technical and interpersonal) where only limited practices exist. Must be able to think and react quickly in all types of emergency situations. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of leadership, crew members, customers and the general public. Capable of maintaining a professional demeanor, with controlled emotions at all times, as this position will operate in a fast paced and an occasionally challenging environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this role.
- Must possess the physical strength to reach and operate all emergency equipment and exits using necessary movements and force up to and including 70 pounds
- Capable of lifting objects above shoulders up to 35 pounds
- Able to push or pull moveable carts weighing in excess of 250 pounds
- Able to walk or stand for extended periods, sometimes with aircraft turbulence
- Must be able to stoop, crouch, climb and kneel
- Able to see clearly at 20 feet or more with corrective lenses or contacts
- Able to hear clearly verbal communications in person and over airplane communication systems with ambient aircraft and passenger noise
- Must be able to sit in assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened without any modifications
- Must be able to move about aircraft and perform all required functions freely, effectively and quickly in confined environment
- Base Supervisors must be able and willing to work and contribute to a culturally diverse professional atmosphere.
- All Republic associates will respect the cultural differences of all associates, customers and vendors.
- All candidates will have the ability to assist customers’ who may have special needs and or disabilities.
- All supervisors must be available to work for extended periods of time as well as support a varied work day schedule, including early mornings, nights, overnights, weekends and Holidays and in all weather conditions.
Travel up to 40 of the time, including nights, weekends, holidays and overnight stays. All supervisors must be able to relocate based on the Company’s operational needs.