A. Education Level:
1. High School graduate required; associate's degree or higher preferred.
2. International Fire Service Accreditation Congress certification, and/or ProBoard required.
a. Firefighter I required
b. Firefighter II required
c. ARFF Firefighter required
d. Hazardous Materials Operations required
e. Telecommunicator I and II required
f. CPR certification meeting American Heart Guidelines required
g. BLS First Responder required
h. Driver Operator Pumper preferred
i. Driver Operator Mobile Water Supply preferred
j. Driver Operator Aerial preferred
k. ARFF Driver Operator preferred
B. B. Experience:
1. A minimum of 2 years of firefighting experience in a civilian or military aviation firefighting role required.
C. C. Specific knowledge, skill, and ability requirements:
1. General knowledge of aircraft rescue and firefighting techniques, practices and equipment, as well as first aid and CPR.
2. General knowledge of the design and characteristics of military and civilian rotary wing aircraft.
3. General knowledge of exit and safety procedures of various military and civilian rotary wing aircraft, structural fire/alarm detection/suppression systems, and structural firefighting.
4. Ability to quickly perform and direct all functions in difficult and hazardous situations, without hesitation.
5. Ability to comprehend and apply instructions and communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
6. Ability to learn, apply and teach aircraft rescue and firefighting techniques and practices.
7. Ability to lead in potentially dangerous situations and make quick and sound decisions.
8. Ability to perform physically demanding work and withstand very hazardous conditions.
9. Skill in the operation of aircraft rescue and firefighting equipment, tools and vehicles, including highly specialized firefighting apparatus. 10. Possesses a valid driver’s license.