EMT Transport Technician
Air Methods Corporation •
The Transport Technician is an on-call position that will work in a fast-paced atmosphere while maintaining a safe environment for patients. Assist the medical staff on duty in transporting sick and injured persons safely and quickly, as well as maintain the vehicles mission readiness.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
Additional Job Requirements
- Assist the Flight crew with patient loading
- Operates emergency vehicles in a safe manner under all conditions
- Cleans and maintains equipment and vehicles
- Follows standard operating policies and procedures as developed and interpreted by AMC Leaders
- Completes various errands as requested such as retrieving and delivering supplies, instruments, and test results
- Collaborates with team members by sharing relevant information; demonstrating initiative, and supporting team decisions and work life of the department
- Inspects and maintains vehicle daily for cleaning and safety issues
- Replace supplies and disposable items on ambulances. Must ensure an adequate supply of equipment needed for patient care and is responsible for stocking items such as linens, wall mounts, thermometer probes, etc.
- Report facts concerning accidents or emergencies to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials
Subject to applicable laws and Air Methods policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods employment practices and policies.
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Current Hawaii Certified EMT or EMT-I or AEMT in good standing.
· Current BLS Certification.
· Associate's Degree preferred
· Experience in service related healthcare occupation preferred
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Ability to interact in a professional manner with facility staff and team members
· Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, staff and the broader health care community
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Valid driver's license
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)