Life Flight Network is one of the most prominent not-for-profit air ambulance organizations. As the industry's trailblazers, we constantly raise the bar for safety, excellence, social justice, and innovation in the skies and on the ground.
Being a member of our esteemed team means embarking on a career defined by distinction, pride, compassion, and unwavering service. We are a group of dedicated professionals who thrive in a high-octane, collaborative environment. Our collective brilliance shines as we come together to make a difference in the communities we serve. Here, you'll find the best and the brightest talents, who are second to none in their dedication and expertise.
Are you ready to unleash your potential and make a real impact in your community? If you're seeking a rewarding and fulfilling path, then look no further - Life Flight Network is the place where your aspirations will take flight!
The Flight Paramedic is responsible for working with the Flight Nurse in the delivery of advanced critical care to patients of Life Flight Network. The Flight Paramedic renders patient care in accordance to the guidelines and protocols of Life Flight Network.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Minimum five years’ experience as a Paramedic, preferably in a large metropolitan area. Current licensure and/or certification as listed below:
- Paramedic certification as appropriate to assigned location
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Drivers must have a current, valid Oregon, Idaho, Washington or Montana driver’s license and at least three years of driving experience.
- FP-C exam must be taken within one year of hire, certification obtained within two years of hire
- Completion of Department of Transportation Air Medical Curriculum within six months of hire date
- Complies with weight restrictions (maximum 250 pounds fully outfitted to perform the job)
- Passport and/or Entry into Canada maybe required based on location assignment
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate and work with a variety of people one-on-one and in large groups, often in highly stressful situations
- Ability to work varied shifts and cover fixed wing call shifts
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Works with the Flight Nurse in the delivery of age appropriate (Pediatric, Adult, Geriatric) patient care.
- Performs the following procedures as necessary: oral intubation, administration of paralytic drugs, needle thoracostomy, intravenous and intraosseous access.
- Works with the Flight Nurse as needed in providing accurate and complete patient care documentation per the standards established by LFN.
- Assists in providing written and/or verbal patient follow-up to referring hospitals or agencies.
- Assists with equipment retrieval and return to appropriate agencies.
- Works with the Flight Nurse in cleaning and restocking equipment in a timely manner to place an aircraft back in service as soon as possible.
- Works with the Flight Nurse in completing inventories and monthly checks, ordering supplies and maintaining equipment in working order.
- Works with the Flight Nurse in day-to-day operations of LFN.
- May compile statistical data or work on related projects as assigned by the LFN Director of Clinical Operations.
SAFETY: The expectations of all customers are understood and exceeded through the provision of quality services.
- Helps to ensure the safe operation of the aircraft for the protection of the patient, crewmembers and personnel on the scene.
- Enforces LFN safety policies and assists the pilot in navigation, take off, landing and in-flight procedures.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Participates in the development of LFN business and operations plans to meet medical transport service and financial performance goals.
- Encourages a favorable public opinion of LFN through personal contact with patients, community agencies and hospitals.
- Provides flight education to the public as requested.
The above accountabilities represent work performed by this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific accountability will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of the position.
- LFN offers competitive compensation above industry standard
- Medical (Company pays for employee 100)
- Dental (Company pays for employee 100)
- Vision (Company pays for employee 100)
- Life/AD&D (Company pays for employee 100)
- Short & long term disability (Company pays for employee 100)
- 401k – with 100 vested employer contribution
- Tenure bonuses
- Adoption assistance
- Paid parental time off
- Bereavement leave (including pets)
- Tuition/Training reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time
- Employee Recognition Awards
- A generous paid time off plan starting at almost 4 weeks a year for full time employees
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Life Flight Network Membership
All candidates are subject to drug screening and background investigation.
Life Flight Network is an equal opportunity employer.