*This position could be eligible for a $2,500 sign-on bonus*
The candidate selected will have scheduled shifts in Newport and Lincoln City, Oregon. Shifts will be 24 hours in length
Life Flight Network is one of the most prominent not-for-profit air ambulance organizations. As the industry's trailblazers, we constantly raise the bar for safety, excellence, social justice, and innovation in the skies and on the ground.
Being a member of our esteemed team means embarking on a career defined by distinction, pride, compassion, and unwavering service. We are a group of dedicated professionals who thrive in a high-octane, collaborative environment. Our collective brilliance shines as we come together to make a difference in the communities we serve. Here, you'll find the best and the brightest talents, who are second to none in their dedication and expertise.
Are you ready to unleash your potential and make a real impact in your community? If you're seeking a rewarding and fulfilling path, then look no further - Life Flight Network is the place where your aspirations will take flight!
The Ground EMT is responsible for delivering timely, safe, and compassionate care to patients of Life Flight Network (LFN) within their scope of practice. The Ground EMT safely operates ground ambulances in accordance with the guidelines and protocols of LFN. The Ground EMT works varied shifts. Will be required to drive personal or company vehicles whenever and wherever business needs necessitate.
Ground EMTs who fly are subject to the Crew Safe Weight Policy (Aurora, Portland and Eugene).
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Current licensure and/or certification as listed below:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- State EMT-Basic or Intermediate / Advanced as appropriate to assigned location
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) completion
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a licensed EMT
- Valid Oregon or Washington driver's license (if neither of those states, must obtain driver's license within 30 days of residency) with an insurable driving record, and at least three years of driving experience
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of people, one-on-one and in large groups, often in highly stressful situations
- LFN offers competitive compensation above industry standard
- Medical (Company pays for employee 100)
- Dental (Company pays for employee 100)
- Vision (Company pays for employee 100)
- Life/AD&D (Company pays for employee 100)
- Short & long term disability (Company pays for employee 100)
- 401k – with 100 vested employer contribution
- Tenure bonuses
- Adoption assistance
- Paid parental time off
- Bereavement leave (including pets)
- Tuition/Training reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time
- Employee Recognition Awards
- A generous paid time off plan starting at almost 4 weeks a year for full time employees
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Life Flight Network MembershipAll candidates are subject to drug screening and background investigation. Life Flight Network is an equal opportunity employer.