PDS is seeking a Cabinet Finisher I for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Under general supervision, prepares and applies finishes to aircraft furniture using aircraft specifications, designs and engineering drawings with a high level of safety, quality, detail and productivity. Assists team members with greater experience to enhance techniques supportive of quality workmanship.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under general supervision to prepare furniture for finish and disassembly using blueprints, aircraft specifications and design/engineering drawings.
- Performs high quality repairs to various finished surfaces in the shop and aboard aircraft.
- Cleans and polishes blemishes as needed to prepare the aircraft for delivery.
- Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods.
- Uses various types of sandpapers, polishes, adhesives, masking mediums, solvents, finish materials, hand tools and various power tools to disassemble and finish furniture.
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies.
- Uses personal protective equipment to protect aircraft interior (PTP).
- Uses the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Works with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that increase safety, reduce, cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma and other process improvement techniques.
- Performs other duties as required.