Under general supervision, prepares, applies, and touches up the finish on aircraft furniture, aircraft specifications, and design/engineering drawings.
Assists lead by overseeing projects and providing guidance, assistance, and direction to co-workers. Mentors and trains other Cabinet Finishers.
Job Description, Principle Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Performs complex high-quality repairs to finished surfaces of aircraft furniture in the shop and onboard aircraft.
- Applies finish to furniture using spray equipment and other manual/mechanical methods.
- Interprets material specifications to ensure the finished product meets design and engineering requirements with a high level of quality and detail.
- Coordinates with the Design group to ensure compliance with customer-approved design samples.
- Complies with and champions Safety, 5S, and housekeeping. Ensures the protection of aircraft interiors (PTP).
- Mentors and trains lesser skilled technicians. Works to develop and implement process improvements that address safety, reduce cost, and reduce cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six-Sigma tools.
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks, and sign-off work.
- Assists in developing initiatives to meet individual OGSM requirements, as required.
- Accepts Lead responsibilities when needed.
- Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians.
- Conducts safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits.
- Assists in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs. Develops YI@W (Your Ideas at Work) as the opportunities present themselves.
- Assists in monthly 5S audits.
Perform other duties as assigned.