Cabinetmaker I - Dallas
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Join our team as a part of our Cabinet Shop Team. In this job you will work with a world class team of technicians in fabricating and final assembly of our final phase cabin monuments to support aircraft build and delivery. In this role you will do furniture fabrication, veneering and assembly, previous experience in those areas is strongly preferred. Apply today to be a part of Creating & Delivering the world's finest aviation experience.
Under direct supervision, learns and performs the basic skills and functions related to fabrication of aircraft cabinets and other wood-surfaced subassemblies using design and engineering drawings.
- Learns entry-level technical skills and knowledge, regulatory requirements and tooling used in aircraft cabinetmaking. Continues to develop technical competency and problem-solving abilities to allow progression to the technician level.
- Using standard safety and operating procedures, design/engineering drawings, tools and other materials (laminates, veneers, cap strips), develops proficiency in the preparation and making of furniture.
- Utilizes the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off completed work.
- Complies with all safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies, uses personal protective equipment; ensures aircraft interior is protected. Assists in the development and implementation of related initiatives.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Wood working, wood finishing or auto body & painting experience in a technical environment or completion of Technical Certificate in cabinet making preferred.
- The ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)