Interior Craftsperson - Cabinet Paint and Stain
Bombardier Aviation •
, Arizona, United States
Interior Craftsperson - Cabinet Paint and Stain-TUC01049
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
With an average of over 300 sunny days per year, Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Tucson Service Center is surrounded by stunning mountain ranges and desert landscapes. Celebrating over 40 years of operations in Tucson, Arizona, the service center occupies almost 1 million sq ft of total hangar space and is the largest of Bombardier’s nine aircraft service centers. The facility services both Bombardier commercial and business aircraft. Since its inauguration in 1976, the facility has been located at Tucson International Airport, a strategic location and a key local partner. The 247,000 sq ft Business Aircraft facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, modifications, including interior modifications, avionics installations, customized exterior paint, and Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The Service Center has received certifications from CAAC, FAA, EASA, Argentina (Military), Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Qatar and South Africa.
Bombardier has an exciting opportunity available for an Interior Craftsperson - Cabinet Paint and Stain based in Tucson, AZ.
In your role, you will:
• Refurbish aircraft interior equipment and furnishings per work order or customer request. This may include items such as aircraft cabinets, card tables
• Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
• Travel for international assignments if required
• Perform additional work on drop-ins and planned maintenance within the facility during slow periods of unplanned work if required
As our ideal candidate,
• You typically have 5 years interiors experience (i.e. previous wood finish and soft goods experience (i.e., auto, RV, boat, etc)
• You demonstrate mechanical aptitude
• You demonstrate the ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
• You have basic PC skills
• You demonstrate the ability to communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
• You have experience interpreting engineering drawings
• You demonstrate the ability to break down cabinets remove hardware, inlay etc.
• You demonstrate the ability to strip finish utilizing heat and scraper
• You have experience with sanding and prepping raw veneer and hardwood for finish including touching up defects in veneer
• You have the ability to mix match and apply stains and paints on new veneers
• You have knowledge on spraying polyester base coats and urethane top coats
• You have experience with Aircraft touch up
• You demonstrate the ability to mask and unmask components for finish process
*This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)