Front line supervision over assigned group of Upholstery Technicians for interior completions of high-end VIP aircraft. Ensure upholsterers are properly conducting sewing, seat build, foam and covering of aircraft seats, trim, panels, side ledges, etc in a timely manner and in accordance with the allotted man hours based upon the contractual specifications and to the customer’s ultimate satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensure work performed in the Upholstery department is being accomplished in accordance with proper FAA regulations.
2. Oversee manpower allotment, project status and bid vs actual to ensure aircraft meets schedule.
3. Recommend and implement process improvements as needed to reduce cycle time.
4. Coordinate with the Project Planning and/or Purchasing as need to ensure all needed material has been ordered for projects.
5. Create, monitor and update Upholstery department project schedules and coordinate with other necessary departments to ensure timely delivery of projects.
6. Attend and manage production meetings as required.
7. Supervise, train and develop various levels of Upholsterers.
8. Supervise workflow to ensure customer deadlines are achieved.
9. Coordinate with leads for proper personnel assignment based upon available manpower and delivery schedules.
10. Supervise and track all incoming certification paperwork, flammability, manuals, etc. related to upholstery.
11. Review applicable work orders.
12. Oversee labor hours and supervise project travelers.
13. Partner with Quality Control, auditing, root cause, and corrective action as needed.
14. Other duties as assigned not stated herein.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. High school diploma or GED. Technical college or trade school.
2. Advanced knowledge of aircraft interior and upholstery of high end VIP aircraft completions.
3. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
4. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient knowledge and expertise with interiors and upholstery.
2. Strong knowledge of FAA requirements for upholstery
3. Working knowledge of computers and related software.
4. Some knowledge of lean or efficiency techniques is a plus.
5. Skilled in sewing, aircraft seat design, aircraft interior design, and/or leather work.
6. Able to train/mentor junior upholsterers.
7. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
8. Ability to effectively prioritize workload task in a high demand, customer service environment.
9. Ability to communicate in an assertive and tactful manner.
10. Strong understanding of man hour allocation and management.
11. Be willing to travel domestically and internationally when required.
Job Ident #: