PDS Tech, Inc. •
Must be familiar with basic upholstery and sewing techniques and practices. Must be able to use basic measuring tools and perform basic math functions. Industrial sewing machine experience is a plus.
Under moderate supervision fabricate and install upholstery, cover panels, and make simple patterns for aircraft interiors using design/engineering drawings and aircraft specifications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform technical upholstery functions within design, customer, FAA, and company specifications. Specific installation and trim tasks are to be completed in compliance with work order instructions and specifications.
2. Fit panels and windows, cabin head liners, upper sidewalls, lower side panels, hatch panels, windows, cut and surge carpets, cover bulkheads, fabricate various metal parts, and covering and installation of panels.
3. Create carpet patterns per design drawings and complete installation.
4. Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED. Entry level position. Experience using commercial sewing machines, sergers and/or various hand tools used in upholstery and carpet trades is preferred.
1. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand proficiently the English language.
2. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
3. Ability to use measuring tools and perform basic math computations.
4. Must be computer literate. 5. Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC