Upholstery Technician/Sewer - Corporate Aviation - Windsor Locks, Connecticut
HSGI, Inc. •
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Upholstery Technician position requires a thorough understanding of aircraft interiors in addition to an advanced knowledge of upholstered items found in aircraft interiors.
- Modifications, repair, refurbishment and reinstallation of interior components are primary functions.
- Evaluate and adjust on modifications essential.
- Perform complete upholstery refurbishment of aircraft seats from start to finish.
- Such duties include inspection, disassembly and assembly, prep work, foam work, patterning, sewing and installation of dress covers
- Possess a working familiarity with different seat styles typical to aircraft
- Diagnose seat problems in and out of the aircraft and perform necessary corrective actions
- Possess a thorough understanding of FAA flammability requirements for all materials used
- Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required
- Aerospace experience required
- Knowledge of materials and foams used in aviation
- Knowledge of repairs and techniques used on various seat styles
- 1 - 2 years heavy modifications preferred
- Work independently on projects when required
- Must be willing to work any shift including unscheduled overtime, nonscheduled work days and holidays as needed
MISCELLANEOUS: Must be able to pass a 10 year federal background check in order to obtain an airport security badge
ABOUT US: HSGI, Inc. is a full service staffing company supplying qualified technical and professional employees to the most reputable companies in the Aerospace/Aircraft industry—across the United States and abroad.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH HSGI INC:Weekly Payroll, Medical Insurance Available, Longevity Bonus, Vacation Pay, Referral Bonuses
We care about you and your career, we care about you and the ones you care for, and our success is your success. You are not just a contractor you are a valued team member and part of our family. We look forward to working with you soon!
TO BE CONSIDERED:
Please contact Nora Brown with HSGI, Inc.
Call or Text: 251-260-8102
Nora Brown – Recruiter
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)