Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Purchase materials from supplies at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need
- Study market trends, interview vendors and recommends sources of supply
- Solicit and analyze quotations required to satisfy all the requirements of the authorizing source documentation
- Monitor outstanding orders to ensure timely deliveries of quality products to maintain production, following up on orders to expedite shipment and delivery as needed
- Negotiate for any adjustments resulting from price analysis, discrepant materials, surplus or obsolete materials, contract terminations or a purchase order cancellation
- Obtain certifications of delivery and conduct item delivery validation. Check and improve payment of invoices
- Develop and maintain necessary records and files for compliance purposes. Support preparation of proposal cost data