PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
AIRCRAFT LOGS AND RECORDS TECHNICIAN: This position maintains aircraft/engine logbooks and associated records. Incumbent is proficient in performing all operator, data entry, and retrieval functions associated with aircraft recordkeeping. Technician performs networking functions between individual stations which includes analysis, correction of hardware/software errors, and data entry. Incumbent extracts data, formulates/interprets management reports, creates archives, and saves data in support of deployment and detachment operations. Technician performs a wide range of clerical and administrative duties related to aircraft maintenance, such as preparing reports/correspondence, filing, typing, and performing data base/systems analyses.
Additional Requirements: Shall be proficient performing all operator, data entry, and retrieval functions. Transmits and receives data via disk, modem, and other electronic means. Extracts data, formulates and interprets management reports, creates archives, backups, and data saves in support of deployments and detachment operations. Performs a wide range of administrative duties such as preparing reports and correspondence, filing and typing. Shall perform duties a Production Control Clerk and Maintenance Administrator.
Skill and Knowledge:
- Good working knowledge of policies, methods, and technical publications.
- Must have a working knowledge of the governing systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines.
- Must be familiar with aviation log sets.
- Data Analysis.
- Utilize customer provided management information system(s) to maintain aircraft forms and records as required by.
- Draft and submit aircraft/engine management and Inventory Reporting System reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, yearly reports as assigned.
- Process readiness documents, administer the aircraft configuration status accounting program and verify aircraft utilization reports.
- Monitor aircraft configuration status, weight and balance and aircraft inventory data for accuracy.
- Initiate and distribute applicable maintenance forms in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist in preparation of the Monthly Maintenance Plan.
- Monitor, verify and log Support Equipment Custody records, Aviation Armament Equipment, aircraft inventory records, Service Bulletins (SB), Airworthiness Directives (AD) and Technical Directives (TD) as applicable.
- Provides technical assistance, guidance and instruction as required.
- Maintain cleanliness of the work center as required.
- Present a courteous and professional demeanor when dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibility: Performs requirements in accordance with the procedures established in the PWS. Performs a variety of clerical, administrative, and managerial duties necessary to keep aircraft maintenance activities running efficiently. Reconciles data in. Procures, receives, stores and issues material and repair components. Utilizes financial accounting and database systems. May be required to verify work performed by another for which he/she is qualified to perform.
- Performs duties for “O” Level maintenance support.
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative analysis of information management systems and data.
- Monitors, controls, and applies the maintenance data system (MDS) or configuration management (CM) within the activity.
- Documents scheduled and unscheduled maintenance support for rotary-wing aircraft.
- Aircraft readiness reporting
- Processes readiness documents, administers aircraft configuration status accounting program and verifies aircraft utilization reports.
- Documents aircraft maintenance actions via logs, records, forms, and electronic means.
- Utilizes current management information system(s) to maintain aircraft forms and records.
- Schedules aircraft inspections.
- Keeps charts that show trends in aircraft system reliability.
- Organizes and operates libraries of technical publications, reports and related maintenance data.
- Issues aircraft inspection and work orders.
- Performs clerical duties such as filing and typing.
- Prepares reports and correspondence.
- Performs computer data base and system analysis.
- Tracks and documents Service Bulletins (SB), Airworthiness Directives (AD), and Technical Directive (TD) compliance entries.
- Maintains Aircraft, Engines, and SE Logbooks and associated records.
- Maintains Central Technical Publications Library.
- Provides support services.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
- 10+ years related experience.
- Configuration Management for Organizational and Intermediate Activities (C-555-0059)
- Aeronautical Technical Publications Library Management (C-555-0007)
- NALCOMIS OOMA System Administrator (C-555-0049) or equivalent.
- Utilize the current management information system(s) to maintain aircraft forms and records as required
- Seven or more years’ experience as Aviation Maintenance Administrationman/Aircraft Logs and Records Technician
- Five or more years’ experience as System Administrator/Analyst
- High School diploma or equivalent and 6 years’ additional education and/or related experience.
- U.S. Navy Aviation Maintenance Administrationman (AZ) “A” School or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- A current U.S. passport and comply with mobility requirements.
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; (d) your ability to provide proof of COVID vaccination status, (e) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date, if needed, and (f) KAI commencing performance on this contract.