Buyer – Sourcing Specialist
Air Methods Corporation •
Responsible for gathering & analyzing request for quotes, placing purchase orders, and managing & negotiating with key suppliers in support of company quality, cost, and delivery requirements. Additionally, the Strategic Buyer will support process improvement projects to streamline day-to-day activities of purchasing team.
“This position predominantly is focused on strategic management of parts, materials and associate services needed to produce our aircraft and support Customer Service.”
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
Additional Job Requirements
- Actively maintains a healthy supplier portfolio, seeks out new supplier relationships, monitors existing relationships, and proactively participates in problem resolution (NCRs, SCRRs, delivery issues, etc.)
- Execute purchase orders within ERP (Visual A&D) software system and send to suppliers
- Routinely follow up with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of purchase orders
- Consistently communicate status of purchase orders to internal customers
- Create and maintain SOPs for Purchasing/Sourcing to ensure compliance to Organizations quality policy and the Purchasing groups processes/procedures
- Prepare request for quotes (RFQ) for approved suppliers for material, equipment, and services. Additionally, compare quotes strategically and work with management to determine best sources for each project, part, and/or service.
- Perform supplier audits and site visits to support quality, cost, and delivery of product.
- Assist management in negotiating long-term price agreements. Ensure all agreements are reviewed by UR Legal Department. Compose and issue subsequent revisions and addendums.
- Champion continuous improvement to support business processes and improve internal metrics and external customer satisfaction
- Assist Supplier Quality Engineer & Purchasing with supplier compliance requirement activities as needed (Approved Vendor List or AVL). Ensures all suppliers comply with current regulations (e.g. conflict minerals, counterfeit parts, etc.).
- Develop industry, product and supply base knowledge to support management decision-making
- Other Duties as assigned
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling - 20
Subject to applicable laws and Air Methods policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university; and two to five years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent of education and experience.
- 2 + years sourcing/procurement/purchasing experience
- 2+ years' experience in FAR-DFAR contracting environment preferred
- Prior Aerospace manufacturing experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, data mining, and report development skills
- Organization, detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Root cause analysis (RCA), corrective and preventative action (CAPA) creation & execution
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Detailed knowledge of Material Planning Requirements (MRP) software systems
- Lean and/or Six Sigma preferred
- Root Cause Analysis training preferred
Final compensation for the role will depend on several factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, certifications, and relevant work experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
- Hiring Salary Range: $64,286.00 - $80,377.00
- Bonus/Commission Eligible: No
- Benefits: Air Methods provides a comprehensive benefits package. We believe our benefits should be as diverse as our teammates. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision coverage along with voluntary accident, hospitalization and critical illness coverage, short and long term disability, life and AD&D, time off programs, pretax and Roth 401(k) with a generous company match, tuition reimbursement, profession training and certifications, dependent care support, EAP and concierge services to name just some of what we have to offer.
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)