An Allegiant Lead Buyer, Line MX assists the Manager of Materials Purchasing in administering the Line Maintenance Purchasing team in all day-to-day activities. Generally, this means assuring the parts and materials requested by Allegiant Line Maintenance personnel to perform aircraft maintenance are available to each line station, as required, through stock transfers or procurement. Particular focus will be placed on monitoring Line Maintenance Part Requests and fulfillment of said requests, identifying trends, keeping visibility and control of high profile findings or events, providing guidance to junior members of the team, and ensuring that operations and projects stay on track.As part of this focus, A Lead Buyer, Line Maintenance should ensure requested parts and materials are transferred, expedited from repair, borrowed and/or purchased as needed to satisfy requirements, in an efficient manner. Parts and materials required for maintaining the fleet should be made available in a timely manner at the lowest achievable cost. Additionally, it will be vital to maintain and monitor internal documentation of all parts activity and operational statistics on the performance of their team and individual team members. Regular investigation, report generation and presentation to the Manager of Materials Purchasing will be required, as necessary
Visa Sponsorship Available
• Monitor daily line MX part requests through Electronic Parts Requests (EPR) system.
• Periodic verification of fulfillment for each Electronic Parts Request (EPR).
• Daily call-in for the company-wide Morning Line MX Call.
• Interface directly with adjacent Material Planning regarding daily part replenishment and periodic stock increase projects.
• Interface directly with Base MX to ensure proper communication of part request fulfillment.
• Oversee PMA program.
• Oversee Supplier performance adherence and set up of supplier meetings or teleconference calls.
• Oversee processing and routing of ad hoc reporting through Purchasing Analyst role.
• Monitor Aeroxchange for adherence of established supplier and Allegiant Buyer policies and procedures.
• Assist sourcing and procurement of parts and materials for MX tasks.
• Monitor part requests for accuracy, clarity, and completeness (special attention should be paid to primary/alternate part numbers, aircraft effectivity, required documentation and deadlines) and responded to in a timely fashion.
• Ensure parts are procured in the manner that is most beneficial to Allegiant.
• Conduct inventory analysis and initiate transfer of available stock, expedite from repair vendor, execute a loan/borrow agreement, or submit RFQ for purchase or core exchange from vendor.
• Submit RFQs using sourcing program such as AeroXchange or PartsBase to gather quotations in accordance with SOX guidelines then contact vendors to expedite results.
• Upon receipt of vendor quotations, analyze cost, tag age, part condition, and lead time.
• Select quotation that is the most efficient and cost-effective for meeting Allegiant operational deadlines.
• Generate inventory purchase orders.
• Perform logistical analysis to determine most appropriate method of shipment.
• Requests should be analyzed for comail transfer opportunities, FedEx, freight, international, or courier movements.
• Send transfer directive to station or vendor sending part; specify shipping information, anticipated arrival times along with any special packaging or documentation needs.
• Communicate part status, PO numbers and expected arrival times of parts to requester Maintain Part Status documentation.
• Record transaction data in MS Access database.
• Update database entries as actions are taken and verify current status.
• Manage open orders to ensure they are received into stock within agreed time frame.
• Ensure components that are on order are tracked and updates are made to the database in a timely manner.
• Expedite open orders as appropriate to support Company stocking positions.
• Follow-up on open orders to ensure a smooth flow through purchasing process.
• Manage procurement of aircraft material for Allegiant.
• Gather pricing for upcoming projects including supplier information and part number clarification.
• Manage Vendor performance to ensure the Company is getting the highest quality service at the least cost.
• Measure Vendor performance: develop key performance indicators, monitor stock availability, delivery, paperwork, warranty issues, responsiveness, bad from stock, etc.
• Identify performance gaps, work with Suppliers to determine root causes and develop and implement effective solutions.
• Follow-up on implementation plans to ensure compliance and positive results Negotiate Contracts and Agreements that are beneficial to the Company.
• Develop and maintain business relationships with Suppliers used by Allegiant and cultivate new opportunities for procurement and savings.
• Identify operational trends and cost drivers, measure quality and calculate yields.
• Develop relevant financial and operational metrics for decision making and monitoring of key performance indicators.
• Other duties assigned.