Logistics Assistant-Kansas City, MO
Only qualified candidates with the below experience will be considered for this position.
SUMMARY: Proactively supports the maintenance operations and customer support activities in their assigned area(s). Provides flexible best in class customer support to various areas within the Supply Chain group as part of a fast paced and dynamic work environment. Works under general supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate ATS values:
- Passionate team player
- Demonstrates humility
- Strive for Excellence
- Actively contribute to the business efforts of the maintenance team(s).
- Assists maintenance operations with purchasing status.
- Relay shipping information to mechanics and customers, and confirms arrival of parts.
- Assist in the inventory, recording and cycle counting of ATS parts, materials and tooling; including manifest preparation.
- Complete necessary computer and paperwork transactions, including customer computer entries and tag reviews, to correctly account for material movement as assigned.
- Ensure proper marking of parts, consumables, raw materials, and shelf life sensitive parts/material per company policy.
- Ensure that all regulatory and customer requirements are met, including inventory accuracy, parts segregation, and audit participation.
- Inspect parts and materials for conformity&8212;checks for shipping damage, serial number verification and general serviceability.
- Verify all paperwork is accurate and provides traceability to the part or material.
- Interpret and carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Operate light passenger vehicles, vans, pickup trucks, etc. to transport passengers, materials, or equipment in an industrial area, either inside or outside the local area.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties within area and helps maintain a safe working environment.
- Responsible for accurately inputting data into the computer system for all parts entering into the area. Inventories, issues and moves kit parts per established procedures, along with identifying missing parts.
- Unload and convey materials onto pallets, vehicles, racks, and shelves by hand or with the use of appropriate equipment, including installation of strapping, bracing or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties may be assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: N/A
Duties shall include observing all company, health, safety and environmental rules, ensuring that employees are provided with full information on area specific safety orientation, identify all unique hazards, and provide employees with the proper equipment to carry out their jobs in a safe manner. Also, the entire work area must be routinely inspected so as to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and low incidence of physical hazards and all accidents must be promptly reported.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE (general):
- Ability to operate general office equipment including personal computer, and copy machine.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- General computer knowledge of window applications and software such as Word, Excel, Outlook
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) as well as customer service skills.
- Ability to use sheet metal shear, band saws, skill saws, hot knives, vises and other common tools to create tooling containers and shipping crates.
- Ability to use forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks, and other various material handling equipment to move, stage, and deliver parts, tools, and raw stock materials.
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and schedule form.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Computer experience and/or training required
- Must successfully complete the forklift class within 30 days of hire
- Must successfully complete 49CFR and IATA dangerous goods training within 90 days of hire and maintain this certification
- Must currently have, and continue to keep in good standing, a valid State issued Driver&8217;s License
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND DEXTERITY:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to balance, bend, climb, crawl, crouch, reach, sit, stand, stoop, twist, walk; use their hands, fingers, and arms; talk and hear; and focus on objects close up. The employee may be required to lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Normal warehouse conditions generally prevail, and the noise level is usually moderate. However, team members may be assigned to maintenance areas where there may be occasional high noise exposure. Employee may be working in a cubicle, enclosed office, open area or outside. Flooring may be carpeted, bare and potentially uneven surfaces.
Aviation Personnel currently offers:
.50 cents per mile up to $200.00 Travel Pay on your first check, Plus a $100.00 longevity Monthly bonus!
Great benefits like: Holiday Pay, Vacation Pay, $100.00 referrals fees and FREE Direct Deposit. Cash Advances Available!
Did you know Aviation Personnel GUARANTEES Highest pay package at every location we have openings? Please, give us a call 817-244-2125
We look forward to helping you find your next assignment; also please forward our information to your friends who might be interested as well.