Material Coordinator - VC-25B - San Antonio, Texas 21503
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Material Coordinator with aviation tool crib experience for an opportunity at San Antonio, Texas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Employees will handle aircraft parts, tools and related hardware in receiving areas and ensure that the shop, tool rooms and other customers are supplied with tools, equipment and supplies.
- Employee will receive, sort, store, kit, inventory, issue, release, route, locate, coordinate, prepare and move materials (such as: raw materials, tools/tooling, parts, drawings, equipment/support equipment supplies, surplus property, and hazardous materials and waste) for one or more assigned.
- Support schedule revisions by coordinating the movement of all materials as required. Perform unloading of all vehicles, or other material movement devices as required. Check materials with identification on orders and facilitate the correction of discrepancies according to processes and procedures.
- Accumulate and maintain accountability records and/or reports, relay availability and status for all materials processed. Operate riding type electric powered elevating equipment to move material. Perform all tasks involved in ordering, receiving, recording, storing, checking, issuing, shipping and releasing of tools, shop supplies, materials, machine accessories, special tools, tooling and support equipment.
- Perform tasks that require knowledge and understanding of the terminology related to the tools and equipment in stock. Establish and adjust minimum and maximum requirements for tools and supplies. Set up inventory recording and control systems.
- The physical demands and potential hazards described here are typical of those that may be encountered in this job. Eye, hearing, hand and foot protection, fall protection, as required. Requires frequent lifting up to 35 lbs. Frequent standing, reaching, handling, turning/twisting, lifting/lowering. May require bending, kneeling, crouching, squatting.
- Exposure to aluminum, steel, plastics, fiberglass, graphite composites. Exposure to radioactive signs, explosives, and other hazardous materials. Exposure to lubricants, solvents, wood splinters and saw dust. Use of potentially dangerous tools such as pneumatic nailguns and staplers, power saws, knives and band cutters.
- May require working from high places. Additional Tasks Duties and Responsibilities: Identify improvements for processes and procedures as needed. Operate typical shop equipment to provide movement of all materials. Operate any and all types of information systems required to perform assigned task.
- Familiarize other employees with functions, methods, procedures, etc., by passing on information and answering questions. Use power or hand operated cutting tools and equipment for cutting material to requisition size. Check hardware and tools for visible damage and route broken, worn, or obsolete hardware and tools to proper authority for disposition.
- Accumulate and relay availability and status for all materials processed. Open containers; identify, weigh and count contents and verify quality acceptance of incoming hardware. Upon receival, check items for identification and damage. Re-load trucks as required.
- Prepare items for shipment, along with appropriate coordination and documentation, for flyaway, remote kits, grief resolution and vendor pickup. Inspect content of and clear tool boxes, issue hold out notices as required.
- Clean oxygen hand tools, store and issue fasteners, etc., in accordance with established procedures. Kit, re-label, repackage, machine and/or hand mix sealant, paints, adhesives, lubricants, solvents as required under the direction of a higher grade employee. Dress tool grinder wheels, cut off drills and reamers, etc.
Qualifications and requirements:
Must demonstrate ability to operate inventory control and production shop floor computer modules.
Must be able to read a bill of material, and pull and review blueprints to validate material pulled.
Must be self-motivated and work well as a team with supervision and co-workers.
Must be dependable and have good attendance.
Must be willing to work any required overtime.
Must have a hi-lo license or ability to obtain a license.
Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
Ability to stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
Frequent overhead work may be required.
Frequent overtime may be required.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Call Recruiter @ 630-246-7869
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)