Materials and Stores: Parts Provisioner & Buyer
Airborne Maintenance & Engineering Services •
Responsible for the support functions or contributing to, as assigned:
Analysis and coordinate activities associated with the planning, provisioning, and inventory control of all materials and equipment required for the support of aircraft maintenance, component repair and manufacturing product lines and affiliate companies per service agreements.
Review material inventory for proper stocking levels using forecasted and historical use criteria, assuring sufficient availability and avoidance of excess.
Ensure all material allocations are recorded and maintained in the inventory system.
Direct support of procurement activities required for the support of aircraft maintenance, component repair and manufacturing product lines, and affiliate companies per service agreements.
Timely research, sourcing, quotation, evaluation, and purchase of goods and services in a quality and delivery sensitive manner by translating approved requisitions and requests into formal system orders.
Qualification of suppliers as required by regulatory and corporate standards. Monitor and report supplier performance, maintain approved supplier files including system update of related quality certifications.
Furnish business expertise to the product lines, utilize system historical data to identifying items for commodity bundling. Negotiate. prepare, and maintain best value supplier pricing agreements.
- High School Diploma OR GED
- Four years of procurement, supply chain, sourcing or materials management experience with knowledge of associated system applications.
- Two years of operational support experience in a wide variety of material commodities.
- Ability to proficiently operate a computer mainframe inventory and purchasing management system.
- Proficient with operation of Microsoft Office applications (advanced excel skills).
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, objectively analyze & solve problems; ability to make timely, fact-based decisions and take initiative.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform efficiently in a fast paced and high-volume environment with minimal supervision.
- Desire to learn new skills and technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills.
- Working knowledge of contractual language.
- Willing to work rotational weekend shifts.
AMES is an equal opportunity employer and that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran, or disability status.
- Four years of aerospace industry or military work experience in a procurement, materials, or inventory management, supply chain management capacity. OR Undergraduate degree and two years of applicable work experience in a industry and capacity described above.
- Two years of experience in aircraft heavy maintenance, aircraft component repair, overhauls, or part manufacturing production environment.
- Prior commercial aircraft MRO or airline experience.
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency of the WINGS IT System.
- Familiarity with aircraft, engine, components, and other related parts. Past exposure and use of aircraft IPC, EAs, SBs, and related tech publications, and aircraft or components, drawings, prints, and diagrams.
- Supervisory or lead experience.
- Purchasing Manager, Logistics Manager pr Certified Contract Manager certification
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)