RS Airworthiness Inspector - Savannah, GA
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of activities within the Material Logistics process: DC/Warehouse distribution and shop floor control. Performs related CAS/SAP transactions within material operations.
- Release, interpret, process and track status of route cards to ensure accurate movement of materials.
- Ensure proper handling and storage of material throughout the entire material flow process.
- Unload delivery vehicles, sort material by destination and ensure material is moved by scanning material to proper locations. Check incoming internal/external material for mishandling and damages.
- Move material from one staging/stocking location to another, using appropriate inventory transactions.
- Responsible for the processing of material using automated systems; ensure the timely delivery of material.
- Have the ability to process all unplanned demand orders within appropriate systems and expedite to using department.
- Process parts through receipts of purchase or Manufacturing orders through the appropriate receipt process.
- Must hold appropriate stamp qualifications to process material and generate parts identification tags. Comply with FAA regulations and Quality procedures.
- Operate material handling equipment and company vehicles as required. to move material.
- Unload, load, and move engines as required: uncrate and move thrust reverses and nose cowls.
- Responsible for part accuracy in assigned areas of material functions.
- Responsible for packaging shipments of aircraft, non-aircraft material, literature and other GAC items being shipped to customer or suppliers to meet GAC needs.
- May be required. to work overtime, various shifts, and weekend coverage as required. by production schedule.
- Ensure housekeeping in work area. Comply with all company safety regulations.
- Learn and apply Lean concepts within functional responsibilities. Support a continuous improvement culture including lean principles, sustainability initiatives, ergonomic improvements, safety, and cross functional teams.
- Performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involving limited responsibility.
- Responsible for accuracy in assigned areas.
- Capable of working in an automated inventory system.
- Meet productivity requirements.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 years material experience expediting and/or warehouse operations.
- Able to pass math and reading assessment.
- Must be able to obtain Q or PQ/RI stamp.
- Demonstrate experience in materials coordination.
- Basic knowledge of computer operation.
- Able to work in a team environment, Able to be on your feet for at least an 8-hour shift.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)