Tool and Parts Attendant
Kay and Associates, Inc. •
PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
Task Description: Tool and Parts Attendant (21210):
Receives, stores, and issues hand tools, machine tools, dies, replacement parts, shop supplies and equipment, such as measuring devices, in an industrial establishment. The Tools and Parts Attendant does the following keeps records of tools issued to and returned by workers, searches for lost or misplaced tools, prepares periodic inventory or keeps perpetual inventory and requisitions stock as needed, unpacks and stores new equipment; visually inspects tools or measures with micrometer for wear or defects and reports damaged or worn-out equipment to superiors; coats tools with grease or other preservative, using a brush or spray gun, and attaches identification tags or engrave identifying information on tools and equipment using electric marking tool.
- Perform Aircraft Maintenance Material Readiness List (AMMRL) functions
- Receive, inventory, sticker/bar code, document, and store all new minor/plant account property as it is delivered to the unit
- Coordinate and monitor all minor/plant account property transactions and the status of all outstanding documents /requisitions
- Utilize Government Property Inventory (GFI) Automatic Data Processing (ADP) equipment and current methods to keep the unit continuously informed on minor/plant account property status and disposition.
- Tool Control Program such as tool issue/receipt supporting aircraft maintenance shops including hazardous materials, tool room/box/pouch configuration
- Receives, stores, and issues hand tools, machine tools, dies, replacement parts, shop supplies and equipment, such as measuring devices.
- Keeps records of tools issued to and returned by workers, searches for lost or misplaced tools.
- Prepares periodic inventory or keeps perpetual inventory and requisitions stock as needed.
- Unpacks, inspects and stores new equipment.
- Visually inspects tools or measures devices with micrometer for wear or defects.
- Reports damaged or worn-out equipment to superiors.
- May coat tools with grease or other preservative.
- May attach identification tags or engrave identifying information on tools and equipment
- Requisition materials, and consumable supplies through military supply system.
- Detachment on-load and off-load.
- Perform general housekeeping and organization of workstation(s), shop(s), maintenance facility to provide a clean, safe, and FOD free environment
- Perform shift work and/or overtime as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with aviation special tools, equipment, and sets, kits and outfits (SKO)
- Experience with Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP)
- Familiarity and ability to use Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work 1st or 2nd, or 3rd shift as required
- Must be able to work flexible schedule work-week schedules as required
- All Contractors are required to have a Common Access Card (CAC) and shall be required to pass the equivalent of a trustworthy National Agency Check plus Written Inquiries with Credit Check (NACI), IAW DTM-08-003 “Next Generation Common Access Card (CAC) Implementation Guidance”
- Must have and maintain a Top Secret clearance
- Must have Industrial Yankee-White Access, Category II, per DODINST 5210.87 within 12 months of hire
- Must be able to climb ladders, raised platforms.
- Must be able to use hand and power tools.
- Must have dexterity to handle small parts.
- Must be able to deploy to support off station exercises and perform other support duties as assigned.
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; (d) your ability to provide proof of COVID vaccination status, (e) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date, if needed, and (f) KAI commencing performance on this contract.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)