Fly Alliance is a private aviation company, specializing in private jet charter, jet card memberships, aircraft sales, management, parts, and MRO. The company has a FAA Part 135 charter certificate and a FAA Part 145 maintenance repair station, focusing on high quality service to customers in the areas of aircraft sales, management, charter, maintenance, parts, and consulting.
This position serves as an Aircraft-On-Ground (AOG) A&P Technician for Wing Aviation Maintenance (WAM). AOG personnel are responsible for all aspects of maintaining the aircraft in accordance with the applicable General Maintenance Manual (GMM) and all applicable FARs. This includes maintenance, inspection & repair of the company’s aircraft, special tools, and ground support equipment; work order preparation, review, and completion. Safety will be the primary consideration while ensuring compliance with all State and Federal regulations, company policies, and requirements of 14 CFR Part 135 and all other applicable FARs that apply to the certificate holder. The AOG position requires a flexible schedule, rapid response ability and most importantly positive attitude. At times the position may require last minute travel and ability to do maintenance around the New York area.
Essential Job Tasks:
- Answer incoming maintenance calls when on duty or on call.
- Properly assist flight crews in troubleshooting, write-ups and MEL procedures
- Work with other technicians and vendors to ensure safe action plans are put in place.
- Inspect, maintain, and repair aircraft in accordance with aircraft manufactures manuals and FAR’s when applicable; coordinate and document all such actions including communications with managers and leads.
- Complete work orders and account for parts and billable time.
- Attend required training on airframe, engines, and equipment as needed.
- Ensure the cleanliness of work areas and follow Wing Aviation Maintenance’s strict standards of process, safety and quality concern.
- Ensure that the hangar, workshops, and other areas are maintained in a safe and orderly manner.
- Assist Line Department personnel with ground handling and servicing of aircraft as needed.
- Develop and maintain a cohesive and cooperative teamwork environment with flight crews, department managers, technicians, and other company employees
- Maintain knowledge of flight schedules on a daily basis and ensure production schedules meet delivery dates.
- Keep hangar, ramp, aircraft and vehicles secure at all times
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Gulfstream G-IV, Hawker 800/900XP, Global Express maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge of aviation procedures/servicing/maintenance
- Adept in workplace safety best practices
- Understanding of applicable FARs
- Knowledge of computers and electronic software applications
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to read, write and speak English. (Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus).