Line Service Technician - CA
HSGI, Inc. •
The Line Service Technician is a customer service position that is responsible for supporting all ground operations for inbound and outbound aircraft crews and passengers. In addition, Line Service is a support position to other departments: Charter, Aircraft Maintenance and Facilities. Line Service Technicians require: good decision-making skills, the ability to follow company procedures, flexibility in a dynamic working environment and must possess good interpersonal communication skills. Your safety is important to us. Line Service Technicians work with fuels and other flammable, hazardous materials; proper handling procedures must be followed. The airport area is a high noise environment; use of personal protection equipment is required. Operating vehicles and moving aircraft in close proximity of people, buildings and other aircraft require extreme caution. Procedures must be followed for your personal safety, the safety of others and protection of company and customer property.
• Fuel aircraft in accordance with ATA Specifications 103 and AirBP GAFO Standards.
• Tow and marshal aircraft.
• Ensure aircraft are chocked, locked and secure.
• Aircraft lavatory and potable water service.
• Load / unload baggage.
• Assist pilots with aircraft pre and post flight services.
• Top off fuel trucks / complete proper fuel farm paperwork.
• Operate ground support equipment.
• Provide basic security duties to people and property.
• Direct people, drivers and flight crews on ramp area.
• Drive company vehicles off site for various tasks as assigned.
• Assist other departments as required including facility cleaning and other tasks as assigned.
• Other duties and tasks as assigned.
• Must have and maintain a valid California Driver’s License, restricted license are not valid for employment.
• Pass FAA Drug and Alcohol drug testing, background checks and submit to random testing when required.
• Complete NATA Safety First, and other job related training.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, direct interface, over telephone and in writing.
• Ability to make decisions with multiple objectives and implement in a safe, efficient manner.
• Follow oral and written directions; plan and complete assigned duties on a regular schedule; and maintain good working relationships with others.
• Must be available to work flexible hours including overtime when required. All Line Service personnel are required to work graveyard shift at some point during their employment . Schedules do change and employees must be flexible to changes as they occur, examples include but not limited to, vacation and sick coverage.
• Ability to perform a variety of manual tasks including but not limited to: facility cleaning, vehicle washing, aircraft cleaning and vacuuming.
• Ability to work without direct management supervision.
• Must be comfortable with working outdoors, day, night and in all weather conditions.
• Stepping up/down on ladders, tugs and fuel trucks.
• Lift luggage from ground level to waist and overhead while loading aircraft, up to 75 lbs.
• Bending and stooping to pick up tow bars and other equipment, up to 75 lbs.
• Vision should be 20/20 or corrected to 20/20.
• Stooping below wings to chock aircraft.
• Standing and walking for extended periods of time, running when required.
• Good hand-eye coordination with good peripheral vision.
• Military Flight Line experience or Aviation Line Service experience required
Job Ident #: