Ticket Counter and Ramp Agent
Avflight Corporation •
This position is responsible for providing customer service to all people desiring to use customer or charter service by being attentive to their needs, politely handling their inquiries promptly, and completing the required transactions as noted below. Additional responsibilities include cargo handling, ramp, aircraft cleaning, and other assigned duties.
- Provide efficient, friendly service to all of our customers.
- Complete all necessary arrangements for accommodating passengers such as prepare itineraries, compute fares, issue refunds, prepare and issue tickets, check baggage, as well as collect excess baggage charges
- Complete all necessary arrangements for accommodating passengers with reservations, stand-bys, luggage, cabin availability and in-flight supplies
- Escort passengers from the terminal to and from aircraft ensuring a safe path at all times
- Perform the loading and unloading of cargo on and off aircraft
- Transport cargo between terminals and aircraft
- Physical handling of freight and company material
- Marshalling aircraft and equipment
- Operate ground equipment, including tugs and belt loaders
- Clean and service cabin interiors, including cockpit, lavatories and draining lavatories
Use safety related equipment and provide de-icing service to the aircraft when needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to push/pull/lift 50 lbs. for extended periods of time
- Ability to read and write English; bilingual skills a plus
- Ability to work efficiently under time constraints
- Must be available to work varied hours including swing and graveyard shifts plus weekends and holidays
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must pass background check, pre-employment drug test and obtain security clearance
- Must have authorization to work in the U.S.
- Must have valid Driver's license
- Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment
- Be pleasant with others on the job and display a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfill obligations
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain composure, keep emotions in check, control anger, and avoid aggressive behavior even in difficult situations
- Accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations be open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Be sensitive to others' needs and feelings and be understanding and helpful on the job
Physical Demands :
Must be able to carry 50 pound suitcase from the floor to 18 inches and carry 50 pound suitcase in front of you with both hands for a distance of up to 25 feet; must have physical dexterity sufficient to perform repetitive tasks and motions, including bending at the waist and knees, squatting, kneeling, crawling, twisting and sustaining those positions for extended amounts of time. Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
Airport environment: Indoors and Outdoors. Extreme outdoor conditions where extreme temperature ranges may be encountered.
Apply online at www.avflight.com
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)