Composite Technician, Mesa, AZ -MHELI-
Strom Aviation •
Type of aircraft: Military Helicopter
Longevity: 6 months
Type of work environment: Manufacturing
- Assemble composite assemblies using bonding fixture and drill fixture tooling.
- Familiarity with rivet installation, rivet removal, bonding, composite trim, sealant process and associated tools (rivet guns, rivet squeezes, drill motors, grinders, sanders).
- Repair of non-conforming composite parts following standard repair methods and processes.
- Ability to obtain required certifications in sealant application, durometer, sealant mixing, torque level 1&2.
- Assemble, disassemble, install, test, troubleshoot, rework, complete subassemblies, components, systems, metallic and composite structures on aircraft systems by following manufacturing planning, blueprints, schematics, process specifications, engineering sketches, written and oral instructions.
- Use specialized tools and test equipment as well as various hand tools electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Inspect assemblies, component parts, and airframe structures for nonconformance.
- Report to manufacturing self-examination (MSE), corrective action (C/A), or manufacturing supervision on any non-conformance.
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and nonconformance issues.
- Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gages and scales.
- Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
- Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Report on job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
- Identify production inefficiencies and suggest potential improvements to product or process.
Tools required: YES
Years’ experience: 1-3+
License requirements: NA
Specific aircraft experience required: not specified
- 3+ years composite experience
- This job requires specialized vocational training and/or 1 to 3 years work related experience
- NO CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Key words: Corrosion control, bonder
Call for details
Call for details
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC