Fabrication Specialist, Salt Lake City, UT -AV-
Strom Aviation •
Type of aircraft: Military
Longevity: 6 months
Type of work environment: Military
- The sheet metal fabrication positions may require employees to perform machine set-up, machining such as hydraulic or CNC brake presses, 2 / 3 / 5 axis mills both CNC and manual, punch presses, shears, rollers, etc. and fabrication tasks such as buffing, deburing, and using general shop equipment.
- The composite assembly positions may perform composite assembly tasks such as hand drilling and machine drilling of close tolerance holes, and a wide variety of fastener installation. Assemblers build detail parts into small and large components and assemblies.
- There are also sheet metal assembly positions open. These positions may require assembling detail parts into small and large components. Hand drilling and fastener installation, countersinking and other processes will be required to perform this work.
- There are also opportunities to work on wire harnesses/wiring installations and painting parts and assemblies in a paint booth or building. ate complexity using established drawings and requirements.
- Performs machine set-up, machining, welding set-up, welding, sheet metal fabrication and extrusion, tube bending and fabrication tasks.
- Performs composite lay-up, fabrication and assembly tasks. Assembles precision mechanical and electro-mechanical components.
- Assembles, repairs, modifies and installs various power plants and drive trains.
- Perform soldering on electronic and avionics products.
- Assembles and installs wire harnesses and avionics products.
- Prepares test articles, fixtures and data collection devices to perform various tests.
- Performs basic organic chemical conversion and paint preparation.
- Applies routine organic coatings for corrosion protection and appearance requirements.
- Works on articles of moder
Tools required: YES
Years’ experience: 3+
License requirements: NA
Specific aircraft experience required: Any (see below for more specific)
The following experience is desired:
- Don’t let lack of experience stop you from applying, while we are looking for some of the experience listed above, we are also interested in a strong work ethic and an engaged team player and a self-motivated employee. If what you lack in experience is made up for with a positive attitude, engagement and willingness to learn, we will teach you all you need to know!
- Required experience performing maintenance on engines
- assembly/manufacturing experience
- automotive/motorcycle/aircraft mechanic experience
- medical device manufacturing experience
- any composite experience
- Training will consist of shadowing another company employee. Will be released to assigned shift upon completion of shadowing program.
Call for details
Call for details
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC