Job Title: Aircraft Mechanic Line Manager - LAX
Location: Los Angeles, CA.
FEAM is the MRO leader in aircraft line maintenance engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the line maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network, and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft including B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers the best innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.
FEAM Aero is currently seeking an experienced Line Manager to join our Los Angeles, CA team! The Line Manager reports directly to the Director of Maintenance. He / She is responsible for the line operation of his assigned station and for the overall maintenance on the customer’s aircraft during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance events. He is responsible for monitoring and assessing the needs of the customer’s operation and ensuring that sufficient staffing levels are maintained. In the absence of the Line Manager, the Director of Maintenance may delegate his/her duties to a designee.
- Manage and oversee all line maintenance activities, ensuring the company’s and customer’s requirements are met and the customer’s schedules are maintained.
- Ensure that personnel under his management follow the company’s prescribed safety practices in the performance of their duties.
- Monitor delay reports and ensure appropriate actions are taken when necessary to mitigate future delays.
- Ensure the customer’s requirements for staffing and material are fulfilled in a cost-effective manner.
- Review his staff’s billing documentation to ensure all equipment, material, and manhours are being properly accounted for.
- Coordinate the efforts of the Shift Managers and Supervisors in the maintenance, repair, overhaul, and alteration of the customer’s aircraft.
- Establish the requirements of material support needed for his / her area of responsibility.
- Perform inspections of the facility, tooling, equipment, and GSE to ensure compliance with company policies and standards.
- Ensure the repair station is maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensure operational expenses remain within established budget goals.
- Ensure that personnel under his management are properly trained, qualified, and authorized and are sufficient in number to perform their duties.
- Ensure that the personnel under their management follow all applicable FAA / CFR rules and regulations and comply with the customer’s requirements and company policies.
- Ensure that the customer’s operating procedures and manuals are followed at all times, i.e. Fueling, De-Icing, and all other special procedures required by the customer’s Ops Specs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Maintenance.
- A current valid driver’s license and an A&P license are required.
- Aircraft type experience on A320, B747/B777.
- Able to pass airport security background check.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- 5-7 years of line maintenance experience
- 2-3 years of line maintenance Leadership experience
Compensation and Benefits:FEAM Aero, in addition to a good working environment and competitive pay, it is FEAM’s policy to provide a combination of supplemental benefits to all eligible full-time employees. FEAM offers Medical, Dental and a Vision Plan. Vacation and sick time, short and long-term disability, accidental insurance, supplemental life, FSA (Flexible Spending Account) and Critical illness Insurance.
Additionally, FEAM places special emphasis on technical training. FEAM is a leader in EASA Level Technical Aviation Training Globally. FEAM is one of very few U.S. MRO organizations that provides EASA 147 maintenance training. In addition to the competitive benefits FEAM offers -4 day and -3-day work weeks for some positions.
FEAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.