A&P Flight Mechanic Trainees: 36430
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is hiring A&P Flight Mechanic Trainees in Ypsilanti, Michigan. The FME travels with an aircraft and is responsible for providing total line maintenance and technical support for the aircraft to which he is assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct Terminating Service maintenance checks on B747, B767 and B777 aircraft.
- Conduct Daily Checks on B747, B767 and B777 aircraft.
- Conduct ETOPS Pre-Departure Service Checks on B767 and B777 aircraft. (ETOPS authorization required)
- Maintain contact with Maintenance Control regarding the aircraft’s condition.
- Accomplish all required servicing and updates of the aircraft.
- Troubleshoot and repair defects of Non Scheduled maintenance and deferred maintenance items utilizing the FIM and AMM manuals. Complete all return to service paperwork.
- Forward copies of repair information to Maintenance Control as work completed. Send original paperwork to Aircraft Records.
- Maintain current inventory of the fly-away kits (FAK), including serviceable parts, UN-serviceable parts and tools. Insure that all FAK parts and tools are secured per the weight and balance manual. Coordinate the return of used parts. Maintain and update Fly-away Kit Deviations Form while accomplishing Terminating Service Check.
- Maintain the flight and supernumerary areas as clean, safe and free of all loose items. Provide list of needed supplies to Station representative.
- On international flights insure all garbage and food items are bagged for disposal per federal regulations. Accomplish bug disinfection as required.
- Report to line station supervisory personnel when on the ground at line maintenance station.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor or Maintenance Control.
- High school graduate; some college and/or technical school desirable.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate
- Individual must be organized and able to work with computers and programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must have US Passport
- Must be a US Citizen
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.ZR
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)