Responsible for day-to-day operational project activities and maintenance technician tasks for Robins Air Force Base. Perform maintenance repair and overhaul of aircraft components, primarily C-5, and conduct airworthiness inspections of overhaul reworked components. Responsible for on-time delivery to customers executing production schedules as well as communicating with operators, management, and engineering. Perform specialized Technician duties to include hands on aircraft maintenance and operating machinery. Work with Engineering and Technicians to identify and establish process improvements, cost reductions, time standards, technical manuals and repair and overhaul of aircraft and their components, including avionics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop manuals and accomplish repair and overhaul (airframe, powerplant and avionics disciplines) aircraft technician activities related to U.S. Air Force aircraft, including vertical lift aircraft. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to fabricate, assemble, and install prototype equipment on a large variety of aircraft, ranging from single-engine airplanes to complex, multi-engine turbojets, and helicopters.
- Must be familiar with military technical manuals, technical orders, modification work orders and blueprints.
- Must have ability to make repair and modifications to existing airframes.
- Coordinates with project engineer personnel throughout the project, and provide technical assistance to project engineers, contractors, and factory representatives.
- Must perform sheet metal repairs to a variety of aircraft, possess an in-depth knowledge of sheet metal materials and repair techniques.
- Must use tools and equipment associated with a sheet metal shop, such as protractors, calipers, pitch gauges, crimping tools/machines, forming machines, gas and heli-arc welding machines, lathes, milling machines, saws and drilling presses.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and rudimentary drawings.
- May be required to accompany aircraft on project flights away from the work site and perform aircraft maintenance at various locations.