- High school diploma or GED equivalent and typically 2 or more years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Must pass, written, oral and practical assessments
- Active, current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant certification with no prior FAA violations
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work locations
- Must have own tools in good working order
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Pass and maintain Class 3 Physical requirements, including a hearing test
- Basic understanding of applicable technical schematics, diagrams, blueprints, manuals and/or publications
- Ability to meet current DoD and Combatant Command pandemic restriction requirements for deployed locations
- Ability to deploy for a minimum of days to various OCONUS operating locations.
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours, holidays and shift schedules as required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required
- FAA repair station and/or Quality Assurance experience
- Able to travel on a regular basis and/or work different shifts including overtime and weekends
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS)
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense or US Military
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 6%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination. Employment decisions are made without regarding to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.