Aero Air is seeking an Experienced A&P Lead Aircraft Maintenance Technician to join our team!
Aero Air a premier aviation company at the Portland-Hillsboro Oregon airport, is seeking an experienced general aviation/corporate A&P Lead Aircraft Maintenance Technician to join our maintenance team. We operate and maintain 35+ of our own aircraft to include Lear 31 and 35s, PC-12s, King Airs, CJ3s, Cessna Mustangs, and Challenger. If you enjoy variety and steady work, come join our team.
Aero Air offers competitive wages and a great benefits package including medical, voluntary dental, voluntary vision, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) with a 3 employer contribution.
Required duties and responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the required duties and responsibilities.
- Supervise and perform all airframe, power plant and propeller repairs and modifications required to meet company and FAA requirements.
- Perform routine inspections and troubleshooting.
- Repair, replace, and rebuild aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and other equipment.
- Estimates projected man-hours for individual repairs/inspections.
- Assist Program Manager as required in completion of maintenance forecast, gathering of technical data, and customer communications.
- Act in Program Managers stead in their absence.
- Coordinate all activities with upper management.
- Accurately complete all required maintenance records.
- Operates all tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
- Present a clean and neat work area to our customers.
- Maintains reliable, regular and predictable attendance.
- Adhere to all Aero Air policies and standards of conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Provide leadership and guidance required to perform assigned tasks.
- Ability to prepare work schedules, assign personnel, monitor time off and overtime.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with the customer is required.
- Need to be Customer Service minded.
- Able to service, repair, and overhaul aircraft and aircraft engines to ensure airworthiness.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers and airlines maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience.
- FAA A&P certification required.
- Leadership experience helpful.
- High level of initiative and commitment.
- Excellent performance and attendance history.
- Support management decisions and lead by example.
- Ability to positively influence others.
- Advocate for Aero Airs culture of excellence and customer service.
- Prefer experience with Learjet and Pilatus aircraft.
- Valid U.S./state issued drivers license with clean driving record.
- Successful results from a pre-employment drug test and criminal history background check.
Aero Air is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination against any person for any reason. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, parental status, protected veteran status, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As an equal opportunity employer, Aero Air is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If interested in applying with Aero Air and need special assistance or accommodation, please contact us at HRaeroair.com