Want to be part of the exciting ISR/Special Missions world?
Airborne Imaging is actively seeking qualified A&P Mechanics to join our team in Midlothian, Texas.
The AIR Group, a 20-year-old aviation enterprise with multiple divisions, is seeking an A&P Mechanic to assist our team by contributing to the success of the assigned department and supporting our customers. Airborne Imaging is a fast-growing company with excellent opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The A&P Mechanic will be responsible for performing routine maintenance, inspections, troubleshooting, repair, and installation of aircraft, engines and accessories in accordance with regulatory, customer, and company requirements by troubleshooting, testing, measuring, removing, and replacing aircraft equipment and parts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform all maintenance functions including repair, modification, and replacement and effectively troubleshoot all aircraft and ground support equipment.
- Perform a wide variety of duties are performed such as dismantling, overhauling, repairing, fabricating, assembling, welding and erecting all parts of an aircraft; which includes airframe, engines, radio equipment, instruments, electrical systems, heating systems, cooling systems, and hydraulic systems
- Read, understand, and utilize approved data such as FAA approved maintenance manuals, service bulletins, inspection checklists, and other related maintenance documentation to properly troubleshoot and repair aircraft.
- Properly complete documentation for any maintenance performed for aircraft return to service.
- Certify the quality of personal workmanship, including signing mechanical flight releases for field work.
- Complete all assigned work in a timely manner, including the completion of all required documentation;
- Complete tasks according to FAA regulations, company policies and procedures, and instructions from Crew Chiefs, Supervisors and Managers
- Assure the shop and work area are maintained in a safe and orderly manner.
- Attend all Company training classes and on-the-job training as assigned by the Director of Maintenance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Lead and/or the Director of Maintenance.
- In person, regular work attendance is required for successful completion of job duties.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that
are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, reaching, overhead reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, climbing, etc. on a constant and repetitive basis during the work day. The employee must be able to work skillfully with both hands constantly and possess the dexterity to manipulate hand and power tools. The employee must be able to speak, see, hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities. Excellent vision and hearing are required to detect problems and conduct inspections. The employee must frequently lift, carry, grasp, and/or move items up to 75 pounds. The employee must be able to perform service operations outside and in extreme temperatures and inclement weather. The employee must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including excessive heat and cold, noise, vibrations, dust, fumes, oils, and adhere to all company safety requirements.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a direct placement, full-time position with 40 hours of work per week.
- Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Airborne Imaging offers a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and AD&D insurance after a 90-day introductory period.
- Airborne Imaging also offers sick time accrual and paid holidays.
- Vacation time will be given after the first year of working for Airborne Imaging.