- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant license (A&P License).
- Must have a valid passport and able to obtain a driver’s license.?
- Must be familiar with procedures applicable to the various phases of maintenance.?
- Preferred experience with rocket systems and associated solid and/or liquid propellants.
- Experience with life support systems (crew and passenger).
- Must be willing to travel and be on-call.?
- Must be able to obtain an AOA badge.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- FAA Inspection Authorization (IA)
- Graduated from a technical college or other recognized apprenticeship.
- Minimum 1-2 years line maintenance experience, 5 years’ experience is preferred.
- Experience on narrow body and/or business jet aircraft preferred.
- Experience with composite aircraft is preferred although not required (commercial or military aerospace application).
- Must have the ability to assume responsibility for proper administration of policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must display maturity of action and judgment.
- Good communication skills.
Physical and/or Additional Requirements:
- Must be able to travel 50% or more of the time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces- 3+ hours min.
- Physically able to handle items weighing up to 40lbs (unassisted).?
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed.
- Must be able to travel between work sites in Las Cruces and Spaceport America
The annual U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $62,400.00–$87,360.00. The base pay actually offered will vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, location, and experience and take into account internal equity. Other forms of pay (e.g., bonus or long term incentive) may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Virgin Galactic benefits, please visit https://vgcareers.virgingalactic.com/global/en/benefits
Who we are:
Virgin Galactic is transforming humanity’s relationship with space. By making it more open and accessible, we are connecting the world to the love, wonder and awe inspired by space travel, helping to create new opportunities for the benefit of life on Earth. Whether it’s supporting cutting-edge research missions for scientists and students, or offering life-changing experiences for the adventurers among us, Virgin Galactic is THE spaceline for Earth. Such an audacious vision requires a team as driven as they are curious - one capable of redefining the boundaries of what’s possible.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. teammates, as well as newly hired employees. As of October 1, 2021, all new hires must be able to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, (“fully vaccinated” means at least two weeks have expired since receiving the vaccination’s last dose as recommended by the manufacturer) or have a valid religious or medical exemption.? If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met be your date of hire.? Virgin Galactic complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.