CO Fire Aviation •
With one of the largest and newest Fire Fighting fleets in the Western United States, we are seeking A&P's for a full-time position to maintain our Single Engine Air Tankers and Air Attack platforms in the Western United States. Based out of Fort Morgan, CO we operate multiple types of aircraft from Air Tractors to Twin Commanders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring airworthiness as defined within 14 CFR by researching permanent records, maintenance tracking program, FAA Airworthiness Directives and Manufacturer’s Service Bulletins/Customer Bulletins for assigned aircraft.
- Complies with internal company policies and procedures or any company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) document.
- Communicates effectively and accurately with the vendors and other internal departments.
- Maintains a safe work environment and reports any unsafe conditions.
- Performs quality maintenance, preventive maintenance and inspections to conform within the standards established by the company, Federal regulations and industry standards achieving the highest reliability goals.
- Provides technical support, as needed, to other staff or management.
- Reviews and ensures all required entries into the aircraft logbooks and permanent records are accurate and preserved in accordance with company and FAA requirements.
- Updates and interfaces with computerized maintenance tracking program.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Must be able to work alone with little supervision.
- Must be willing to travel for breakdowns and routine maintenance during fire season.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and be on a Part 135 drug testing program.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
Experience and Skills:
- Airframe and Powerplant (Required)
- IA (Inspection Authorization) (Must be willing to obtain in a reasonable time frame)
- Proficiency in FAA regulations including AD's, 337's and log book entries.
- Computer proficiency with working knowledge of Microsoft 365, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat. Competency with internet navigation is also required.
- Prefer Five (5) years’ experience in aviation maintenance.
- Strong mechanical / troubleshooting skills and able to work independently a must.
- Maintenance and inspection of Part 135 and 137 single engine and twin engine piston / turbine aircraft.
- Twin Commander experience preferred.
- PT6 and Garrett TPE 331 experience preferred.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)