A&P Mechanic II-III - Maintenance - 1st Shift - Piney Flats, TN
We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
This position will support the Bell Piney Flats maintenance department by performing scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance on turbine powered rotorcraft.
Responsibilities will include:
Don’t miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
- Perform basic maintenance such as preservation/depreservation and removal and repair of basic airframe components
- Perform basic inspections (25hr/30day, 6mo inspections)
- Drill up small sheet metal parts
- Ability to fabricate basic parts
- Under supervision, assist with major inspections, kit installs and repairs
- Demonstrate basic disassembly and reassembly of drive train components with supervision (OH shop)
- Assist with fly offs
- Understand safe and applicable use for basic hand tools
- Learn and apply knowledge of tasks
- Read and interpret installation instructions
- Demonstrate safe work habits and always wear proper PPE
- A&P license
- For Level II, approximately 2 or more years performing heavy maintenance on rotorcraft, preferably Bell aircraft. Additional experience may qualify candidate for a higher level/pay grade.
- Sheet metal and basic avionics skills preferred
- 3 years automotive or military experience
- Any Bell field maintenance courses
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to walk and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Perform prolonged kneeling, squatting, sitting, crawling, and climbing stairs, ladders and work stands
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)