The Avionics and Electrical Systems Installations engineer is involved in all aspects of Textron Aviation’s product development pipeline for piston, turboprop, and jet aircraft. The engineer’s involvement ranges from new product development programs, to production line support, continued field support of legacy jets, and aftermarket product enhancements with an emphasis is on ensuring that the installation of all avionics and electrical equipment on the aircraft meet environmental, functional, weight, cost, and structural requirements to support the highest standard of safety and customer reliability expectations.
- Prepare engineering drawings for the installation of avionics and electrical equipment and wire harnesses using computer based drafting tools (CATIA V6).
- Assist in wiring diagram and harness assembly preparation using computer-based wiring software (Mentor Graphics).
- Assist in writing test plans, conformity requests, functional tests, and compliance reports.
- Assist in production and field support including design evaluations, troubleshooting, and root-cause and corrective action analyses.
- Work alongside other organizations from engineering, customer service, ISC, flight test, and airworthiness to support a broad range of projects by providing your technical expertise.
- Perform advanced electrical and avionics design and integration analysis requiring frequent application of mechanical engineering principles.
- Prepare certification documentation including certification plans, ground and flight test plans and certification reports showing avionics and electrical systems compliance with 14 CFR Part 23/25
- Evaluate and analyze avionics and electrical system design for completion of function hazard assessments and system safety assessments
- Participate in the development and improvement of the team’s processes and tools.