APG Mechanic - Transmission Technician LEVEL 2 - Aurora, Oregon 20571
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions •
Transmission Tech – Experienced
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Experienced Transmission Technicians with experience in Aviation transmission repair for a contract to direct hire opportunity in Aurora, Oregon.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs overhaul, repair, and testing of transmissions.
- Cleans and inspects tansmissions and transmission parts for damage and wear using visual examination and special tooling and equipment. Follows shop standard work procedures for clean up and equipment preventive maintenance.
- Replaces or repairs damaged or worn accessory component parts using general hand tools, special tools, pneumatic tools and precision measuring equipment. Assembles components with same tools and equipment.
- Utilizing special tools and/or equipment performs tests and/or checks as required to confirm component serviceability.
- Properly documents all inspection findings and work performed/corrective action in the appropriate maintenance records to meet established standards.
- Maintains work areas and tools in a clean and organized manner, practices proper tool and FOD control.
- Performs work safely and utilizes the appropriate technical data for the assigned task.
- Monitors and supports continuous improvement activities by utilizing Lean and continuous improvement tools striving to identify and eliminate waste in all its forms in an effort to improve quality, safety, decrease lead-time and reduce cost.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; further education or technical training is preferred
- 5+ year experience in Aviation transmission repair.
- Documented military or commercial component maintenance training preferred
- Pays close attention to detail when performing maintenance
- Training and experience utilizing Lean methods in a production environment
- Ability to locate, read and follow the technical data appropriate for the assigned task
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and hand tools appropriate to the assigned tasks
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends as assigned dependent on production needs
- Ability to work in a shop environment or work outdoors locally or in remote locations as needed for customer support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Call Recruiter @ 630-246-7869
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)