Aircraft Component Repair Tech I
PDS Tech, Inc. •
Seeking an RS Aircraft Component Repair Tech I for an open position in Savannah, GA.
Under close supervision, repair and overhaul internal and external aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and components in accordance with Gulfstream Repair Station requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remove, fabricate/replace and install/reinstall aircraft repairs from blueprints, verbal instructions, engineering dispositions, Structural Repair Manual in accordance with Repair Station requirements.
- Remove, order, rebuild and/or reinstall necessary component(s) for return to in-service status.
- Inspect all detail parts using blueprints, Structural Repair Manuals and / or overhaul manuals to ensure reassemble requirements are met. Maintain and use all required paperwork in accordance with FAA Repair Station requirements.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Comply with all company and OSHA safety regulations.
- Removes skins and related components on flight controls and secondary structure components(i.e., trailing edges, top and lower and leading edge skins, thrust reverser barrel skins, trunnion skins), locates and installs/reinstalls parts. Fabricates the necessary tooling, wood and metal mock-ups.
- Remove & install APUs and perform all required APU maintenance for all aircraft models. Read and understand client and Honeywell Maintenance Manuals.
- Fabricate and repair sheetmetal and associated mechanical parts, components and/or equipment by rolling, shrinking, stretching, braking, riveting or other mechanical means.
- Help maintain proper levels of shop supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- HS graduate or GED.
- Must possess basic understanding of shop math.
- Must have a basic understanding of CNC.
- Sheetmetal (production and/or fabrication) and/or hydraulic overhaul experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge and experience with electrical theory and wiring preferred.
Must be able to set-up and operate CNC Mills.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)