Aerospace/aviation experience is not required. Job applicants must be mechanically inclined and have related mechanical experience or technical schooling. FAA/DOT drug testing IS REQUIRED (both pre-employment and random).
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Automotive, HVAC and/or Electrical knowledge
- Ability and desire to learn the Aerospace Industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must work well in team environment with multiple priorities
- Proficient in the use of hand tools
Education / Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred and three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Is frequently required to talk or listen.
- Works in moderate noise levels.
- Travel less than 1%.