The Aircraft Technician, under supervision, performs or assists with inspection, maintenance, and repair of general aviation-type aircraft, engines, systems, and structures.
The technician must have a passion for the general aviation community and be able to immediately demonstrate the skills necessary to perform aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications with minimal supervision on general aviation aircraft.
Reports to: Mechanical Team Lead
- Perform maintenance and repairs on general aviation aircraft for which the mechanic has been assigned.
- Perform basic general aviation aircraft and engine inspections, repairs, and modifications under supervision. Assist with movement of aircraft as required.
- Demonstrate proficient understanding of standard practices on general aviation airframes, piston engines, and possess a basic turbine understanding
- Ensure all work performed is accomplished in accordance with current approved and / or acceptable technical data
- Ensure the cleanliness of work areas and returns equipment and tools at end of the work shift.
- Complete paperwork at the end of each shift for the accomplishment of maintenance insuring completeness, accuracy, and proper sign off with proper application of labor charges.
- Ensure that hangar workshops and other areas are maintained in an orderly manner.
- Maintains an adequate and clean tool kit with adequate personal hand tools to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Operates all required ground support equipment.
- Follow standard operating procedures during performance of duties and while operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic power units, hydraulic lift platforms, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.)
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ensure all customer property is properly protected.