Strategic Technology Institute provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Leads a team in the performance of aircraft maintenance, inspections, and scheduled / unscheduled maintenance.
- Processes the technical experience to supervise subordinate mechanics and provide technical guidance on maintenance operations on the airframe being supported.
- Capable of performing, supervising, and inspecting the duties of Mechanic Is, IIs and IIIs.
- A person in this position maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components, and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
- This worker also applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
- Must possess the experience and ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers alike, must possess excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
- This worker will be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records and is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower-level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.