Aircraft Mechanic 3 Metals Technician
Amentum is currently seeking a qualified Aircraft Mechanic 3 Metals Technician in support of U. S. Air Force maintenance operations at Holloman AFB NM. This position is governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). This contract consists of F-16 Block 40 aircraft Organizational level (O-level) assigned to the 49th Maintenance Group, 8th Aircraft Maintenance Units (AMU) contractor operation and Intermediate level (I-Level) to support flying training for the 49th Wing (49 WG), Air Education and Training Command (AETC) training mission at Holloman AFB (HAFB), NM.
The Aircraft Mechanic 3 Metals Technician:
- advises on metals machining, welding, designing, and production problems
- designs, manufactures, or modifies special precision tools, gauges, dies, and fixtures to facilitate metal working operations
- performs metals technology shop calculations such as determining cutting speeds and settings, welding processes, and preheat and postheat requirements
- welds, brazes, solders, and heat treats metals
- uses manual and computer numerical controlled (CNC) metal working machines, mills, and lathes to manufacture and repair cams, gears, slots, and keyways for aircraft components and SE
- writes programs for CNC machines using manual and Computer Aided Design-Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD-CAM) methods
- checks completed components and determines serviceability in accordance with drawings and specifications
- disassembles, assembles, and fits component parts using machine screws, bolts, rivets, press fits, and welding techniques
- uses metal working equipment, tools, and supplies to produce surface finishing specifications for components
- extracts broken or damaged hardware
- checks components for wear tolerances using precision measuring devices
- maintains and inspects hand tools and metal working machinery
- performs operator maintenance and service inspections on shop equipment and tools
- ensures lock out and tag out procedures are accomplished prior to maintenance on all equipment
- uses and disposes of hazardous waste and materials according to environmental standards.
- Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- This worker will be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records, and is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Seven (7) years actual and recent aircraft experience required.
- One (1) year of F-16 or other fighter aircraft experience required.
- Must possess the experience and ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers alike and must possess excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
- Must be able to read, interpret and use manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, technical orders, wiring and schematic diagrams.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to operate general as well as special-purpose vehicles.
- Must also be able to obtain a flight-line vehicle operator’s license.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)