Aircraft Mechanic 3 Munitions
Amentum is currently seeking a qualified Aircraft Mechanic 3 Munitions in support of U. S. Air Force maintenance operations at Holloman AFB NM. This position is governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). This contract consists of F-16 Block 40 aircraft Organizational level (O-level) assigned to the 49th Maintenance Group, 8th Aircraft Maintenance Units (AMU) contractor operation and Intermediate level (I-Level) to support flying training for the 49th Wing (49 WG), Air Education and Training Command (AETC) training mission at Holloman AFB (HAFB), NM.
The Aircraft Mechanic 3 Munitions:
- tests, assembles, and processes nonnuclear munitions
- prepares munitions for loading on aircraft
- checks safe and arm mechanisms
- installs warheads, guidance units, fuses, arming wires, explosive bolts, squibs, strakes, wings, fins, control surfaces, and tracking flares
- prepares, assembles and tests aircraft rockets and loads in launchers
- processes aircraft gun ammunition
- maintains and reconditions munitions and MMHE
- reconditions, repairs, and replaces defective or missing parts
- receives, stores, handles, and transports nonnuclear munitions
- unloads and unpacks munitions
- checks shipping documents for accuracy
- delivers munitions to assembly, storage, or maintenance areas
- prepares munitions for shipment
- determines and maintains storage facilities, reports, safety, and security requirements
- performs inspections and maintains inspection and storage records
- issues nonnuclear munitions
- performs operator maintenance on munitions vehicles and equipment
- performs munitions materiel management and materiel accounting functions
- performs and oversees management and procedural application of manual and automated inventory control and accounting functions
- determines inventory control actions
- conducts inventories and corrects discrepancies
- accomplishes requisitioning actions and maintains due-in, due-out, and status files
- maintains source document control and ensures validity and completeness.
- Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- This worker will be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records, and is responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Seven (7) years actual and recent aircraft experience required.
- One (1) year of F-16 or other fighter aircraft experience required.
- Must possess the experience and ability to provide technical support to structural/mechanical engineers and customers alike and must possess excellent organizational skills in prioritizing workload to meet aircraft delivery schedule.
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
- Must be able to read, interpret and use manufacturer’s maintenance manuals, technical orders, wiring and schematic diagrams.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to operate general as well as special-purpose vehicles.
- Must also be able to obtain a flight-line vehicle operator’s license.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)