Aircraft Mechanic II E&E
M1 Support Services •
• Aircraft Mechanics II must have a combination of experience to repair engines, sheet metal, and structural, hydraulic, electrical, power train and general mechanical maintenance of moderate difficulty, required to meet the assigned missions.
• Provides input to Maintenance Engineering Changes (MEC), Estimated Cost of Damage preparation (ECOD) and assist in the recommendation of changes to (MWO).
• Individuals must be able to prioritize workloads and are required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks.
• Mechanic IIs can inspect Mechanic IIs and Is.
• This mechanic maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components, applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as blueprints or manufactures’ manuals.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair, must have basic knowledge of electrical theory, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
• This job requires working knowledge of technical publications.
• The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
• Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
• May require specialization in sheet-metal, electric work, avionics or other aircraft systems related disciplines.
• High school or equivalent
• Successful completion of basic and craftsman level related military or commercial courses preferred
• Must be able to stand, bend, climb, squat, and sit for extended periods while performing tasks
• Must be able to lift/pull/tug up to 50 lbs.
• B-1B Aircraft experience highly preferred
• Flight line experience preferred
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
• Current drivers’ license
• Must be able to travel
• Must be able to work overtime if needed
• Able to obtain and maintain any security clearance or base access as required by the contract
• Reliable, self-motivated, and able to deal with stressful situations and timelines while maintaining a professional and non-confrontational attitude
Job Ident #: