Aircraft Mechanic III / Flight Engineer
Yulista Holding, LLC •
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Aircraft Mechanic III/Flight Engineer performs assigned flight duties on C130 or P3 Aircraft as well as aircraft maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Perform maintenance on aircraft, including avionics, mechanical systems, and/or ground support equipment.
- Repair, inspect and maintain structural, mechanical and electrical elements of the aircraft.
- Knowledgeable in the use of, and be able to train others in the use of a wide variety of diagnostics devices, computers, hand and mechanical tools.
- Provide oversight and have the ability to direct and train others in the completion of aircraft related maintenance tasks.
- Troubleshoot systems as required to meet customer needs.
- Document maintenance as per Quality Assurance (QA) and established regulatory requirements.
- Perform regular Foreign Object Damage (FOD) walks.
- Maintain control tools. Report missing, lost, found, or unattended tools to the supervisor. Inventory and inspect tools on a regular basis and replace worn or broken tools.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day maintenance. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verify the work was performed satisfactorily.
- The Aircraft Mechanic III may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Beginner to intermediate computer skills specifically using Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to learn additional computer skills or software programs. Working knowledge of advanced software applications is preferred.
- Ability to enter data accurately into databases.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff. Will also routinely interact with other crew members.
- Must possess effective communication skills to clearly communicate information to others.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as fax, phone, copier, scanner, printers, etc.
- Ability to follow a process.
- Strong professional customer service skills, including active listening, prompt service and follow-up.
- Strong decision analysis and problem solving skills. Ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions. Must be able to communicate issues to management.
- Ability to learn and understand corporate policies and procedures and how they relate to Yulista Tactical Services, LLC goals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience supporting a NASA/DoD contract.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field required.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
- Shall require the following:
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant certification with Flight Engineer certification in turbo propeller powered aircraft;
FAA A&P certification with four years of active duty military experience as a mechanic on a P-3 Orion aircraft operated under USC Title 10 or C-130 Hercules aircraft.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)