EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) is the only association that offers the fun and camaraderie of sharing the love of flying, building, and restoring recreational aircraft with the most passionate community of aviation enthusiasts. EAA annually hosts the AirVenture Fly-In at Wittman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. The event is EAA's annual convention and draws more than 500,000 people and 10,000 aircraft.
Performs all aspects of maintenance on company aircraft including, but not limited to, servicing, inspections, repairs and modifications. May handle special assignments such as supervision of volunteer program and support of company activities or events such as Pioneer Airport and the convention. Performs other duties as assigned. Works under general supervision. Employee is required to exercise initiative and good judgment in the performance of duties.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine servicing and maintenance on company aircraft duties in accordance with manufactures requirements and FAA regulations.
- Perform routine and special inspections on company aircraft duties in accordance with manufactures requirements and FAA regulations.
- Supervise maintenance performed by non-rated personnel in accordance with FAR’s.
- Maintain and repair aircraft ground support equipment.
- Perform duties in accordance with company, state and federal safety regulations and requirements.
- Assist with preparation of EAA convention as assigned.
- Embrace and support the EAA mission and performs safe practices in the workplace and aviation environment.
- All other duties as assigned
- Requires an FAA airframe and powerplant certificate.
- All current FAA regulations that pertain to certificated mechanics are required.
- Some travel to perform maintenance will be required, up to 15%.
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician - Level 1: Knowledge of basic facts and principles. The ability to find information and follow directions and written instructions. Demonstration of skills comparable to level 1 tasks for FAA A&P tests.
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician - Level 2: Knowledge and understanding of principles, theories and concepts of aircraft maintenance. The ability to locate and interpret information to perform basic operations. Demonstration of skills comparable to level 2 tasks for FAA A&P tests.
- Aircraft Maintenance Technician - Level 3: Knowledge, and application of facts, principles, theories and concepts and the understanding of how they apply to the operation and maintenance of aircraft. Must be able to make independent and accurate airworthiness judgments. Must perform all work to a return to service standard. Demonstration of skills comparable to level 3 tasks for FAA A&P Tests.
Office setting some of the time. Must be able to bend, twist, raise, lie, and squat when needed. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds with ease.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and background check.
EAA offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full time positions.
EAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)