Duties and Responsibilities:
The QC Inspector completes evaluations of aircraft, engines, and components to determine their condition against established standards and performs inspections of work completed by Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMT) to verify compliance with approved data. The Inspector performs work within budgeted time and within FEAM, FAA, NAA and customers’ standards of quality. The Aircraft Inspector is responsible for the effectiveness of FEAM’s inspection function, ensuring compliance with FAA, NAA Regulations and Customer requirements, and meeting customer quality expectations. Not limited to;
• Contributes to company safety by maintaining high standards of aeronautical workmanship and inspection standards.
• The Inspectors are responsible to the Director of Quality & Training for the efficient and economical determination of the airworthiness of the aircraft maintenance work and will assign them to do the following. For reporting purposes, the Inspectors report to the Chief Inspector.
• Perform inspection function for aircraft, including power plant, materials parts, and subassemblies. These functions do not necessarily include the inspection of these materials arts and sub-assemblies normally required to be performed by a technician to accomplish his own work.
• Review the aircraft and engine logbooks at all checks and list all pilot reports and deferred maintenance items on the appropriate work cards.
• Perform required inspection functions during all checks such as airframe and engine inspections called out on routine work cards. Perform buy back inspections on major items or non-routine work items.