Aircraft Structures Mechanics: 36592
STS Technical Services •
, Arizona, United States
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Structures Mechanics in Marana, Arizona.
To perform functions assigned in the repair and replacement of aircraft sheet metal structures.
- Researches technical data and performs inspection, repair and replacement of aircraft sheet metal structures including main landing gear fittings, aircraft skins and floor beams in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products.
- Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs sheet metal parts, equipment, and products utilizing knowledge of working characteristics of metallic and nonmetallic materials, machining, and layout techniques.
- Selects gauge and type of sheet metal, such as stainless steel, steel, or aluminum, or nonmetallic material, such as plastics or fiberglass, according to product specifications.
- Lays out and marks dimensions and reference lines on material, using scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers applying knowledge of shop mathematics and layout techniques to develop and trace patterns of product or parts.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Makes appropriate entries in Component Removal Log, completes identification tags, and repairable/parts routing tags upon removing components from aircraft.
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Makes appropriate entries on routine and non-routine work cards.
- Marginal: Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
- Will participate in and support safety initiatives, safe work practices and SMS compliance.
- Will participate in safety activities including the following: immediately reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents/injuries.
- Will follow all safety rules, FAA regulations, PPE compliance and equipment operation requirements.
- Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time. Requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, balancing and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to 50lbs unassisted. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Equipment Operated: Hydraulic press brake, power shear, forming equipment, hand tools, lift equipment, stands, ladders, glass beading equipment, rivet guns, drills.
- Work Location: Utilized base wide.
- Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, materials identified on Safety Data Sheets, working on unprotected heights or around moving machinery, aircraft fuel tank entry.
- Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, safety harnesses, breathing equipment.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.ZR
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)