Aircraft Teardown Lead
West Star Aviation •
Urgent opening for and Aircraft Teardown Lead!
This position requires someone who can lead the aircraft teardown process. They would be responsible for supervising a team and direct project flow. In addition this person will need to have extensive leadership and technical knowledge of engine and aircraft systems, including the ability to troubleshoot in the areas of hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems. This position also oversees the inspection of aircraft and mechanical systems, evaluation of the components and determining if they are acceptable to be tagged, need sent out for repair, or placed in inventory for later use depending on quantity in stock. This person will also need to determine the market pricing on these components as well as interface with customers on pricing and interchangeability of components.
Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least two other employees in daily work and project management for completion of projects. This responsibility includes the requirement to give suggestions and recommendations about the hiring, termination, advancement, promotion or any other change of status regarding employees that this position supervises.
· Supervise a team and direct projects on teardown aircraft and related systems. This shall include but not be limited to the responsibility to supervise a team in removing components.
·Troubleshooting and evaluation of systems on the aircraft as needed.
· Oversee inspection and evaluation of the aircraft and components as needed.
· Oversee the movement of aircraft, performance runs and taxiing.
· Supervise the maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling.
· Work independently on projects and lead multiple projects.
· Work with customers in project management, pricing and customer support roles.
· Develop and assist with sales and quotes for assigned aircraft.
* Airframe and Power plant License.
Aircraft specific factory training preferred.
12 - 15 years prior experience on aircraft maintenance.
12 - 15 years turbine aircraft experience.
Experience with contacting FSDO to obtain ferry permit.
Experience with records research of airframe, engine and APU logbooks, 8130-3,etc.
Experience with accessing and utilizing all airframe and engine OEM manuals
Experience in supervision of four or more team members.
FAA paperwork, work order and billing process experience.
Customer contact experience preferred.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)